- All authorized patrons can pick up their free Barney’s Lake fishing pass at either the Mack Fitness Center or the One Stop Shop starting Wednesday, March 15.
- To receive a fishing pass, you must have a registered Pennsylvania fishing license with trout stamp.
- A limited number of passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Contact Community Services for more information about fishing at Barney’s Lake
- Telehone: (570) 615-9625
1. Regular Season begins April 14 at 8 a.m. through September 4. Five-trout limit per person, per day.
2. Extended Season begins September 5. Three-trout limit, per person, per day.
3. Legal trout size is 7 inches
4. Catch and Release not permitted
5. Adults 16 and older must have a current PA Fishing License with a trout stamp and a current TYAD Barney’s Lake Permit on them and on-display.
6. Children 15 and under are required to have a TYAD Barney’s Lake Permit.
7. Barney’s Lake Fishing Permits are non-transferable. Transferring of a permit will result in loss of lake privileges.
- Fish Stocking Info
Stocking Date: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Fish Size Amount Rainbow Trout 10 to 12 inches 400 Rainbow Trout 12 to 14 inches 300 Rainbow Trout 14 to 16 inches 100 Total -- 800
Stocking Date: Thursday, September 20, 2018
Fish Size Amount Rainbow Trout 10 to 12 inches 400 Rainbow Trout 12 to 14 inches 300 Rainbow Trout 14 to 16 inches 200 Rainbow Trout 17 to 19 inches 50 Rainbow Trout/w Tags 21 to 23 inches 10 Total -- 960
- Annual Kids Fishing Derby
Kid's Fishing Derby
Saturday, September 15, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Registration starts at 9:00 a.m.
- Face painting and balloon art
- Pumpkin Decorating Station
- Children’s Arts and Craft Station
- Bounce house
- Children’s carnival games
- Live music
- Delicious food and beverages
- Registration is free
- Anglers must bring their own fishing gear and bait
- Limits on the number of trout is 3 per angler. No trout throw-backs permitted. Catch and Keep only.
- Adults may assist children but are not permitted to fish.
The 2018 Trout Season starts Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 8 a.m.